Sunday, November 21, 2010

Osama`s ValentineLittle David...

Osama`s ValentineLittle David comes home from first grade and tells his father that they learned about the history of Valentine`s Day. "Since Valentine`s Day is for a Christian saint and we`re Jewish," he asks, "will God get mad at me for giving someone a valentine?"David`s father thinks a bit, then says "No, I don`t think God would get mad. Who do you want to give a valentine to?""Osama Bin Laden," David says."Why Osama Bin Laden," his father asks in shock."Well," David says, "I thought that if a little American Jewish boy could have enough love to give Osama a valentine, he might start to think that maybe we`re not all bad, and maybe start loving people a little bit. And if other kids saw what I did and sent valentines to Osama, he`d love everyone a lot. And then he`d start going all over the place to tell everyone how much he loved them and how he didn`t hate anyone anymore."His father`s heart swells and he looks at his boy with newfound pride."David, that`s the most wonderful thing I`ve ever heard.""I know," David says, "and once that gets him out in the open, the Marines shoot him."

No comments:

Post a Comment